
I don't know how many of you know about our summer leading up to the big "I Do" but I wrote it down in an essay and submitted to an online wedding magazine. If anybody wants to read it, here's the link. Summer of our Discontent
Now everyone can know how much I begged Valerie to marry me. Yes, all of your suspicions about my pathetic nature are confirmed.
Great Essay! It kind of reminds me of an episode of Alvin and the Chipmunks where Brittany is roller skating is in the park and Alvin is riding his bicycle and they collide and both come before a jury and explain their side of the story and each makes the other out to be mean and ferocious, but in reality it was no one's fault. I am just waiting for the computer screen to go all wavy and dissolve into you and Valerie sitting on the beach, you dressed and groomed like a cave man and Val dressed in an elegant ball gown. Valerie's voice would be heard narrating the scene as it unfolds. "James opened the ring box and started grunting. When I looked down at this makeshift ring box I saw it wasn't a ring box at all, rather a clump of sand with a decomposing part of an animal. I screamed and kicked James in the neck . . ." When Val was done with her narration the screen would go all wavy again and then fade back to you and Val sitting on plush couches talking to a psychiatrist and then Val would say, "And that's exactly how it happened." (music fades in) “Alvin Simon, Thedore. Do, do, do, do, do, do,. Do, do, do, do,do,do, . . . . ALVIN!!!!!!!” fin
ReplyDeleteThat was... Sweetly satisfying, like a box of Cracker Jack, even when the surprise sucks. Made me laugh and smile. I don't do that often when considering the topic of marriage. Thanks for sharing. :-)
ReplyDelete