Valerie and I thought she made some good points. We felt like putting it out there.
Sam Donkin might vote for Hillary as well. If McCain takes Huckabee as his VP.
I was actually thinking this morning, along the whole "Hillary is a bitch" line, that we as an American People don't like nice people for President.
Reagan was not a nice person, neither was Bill Clinton, neither is our current president. FDR was a hardass and so was Washington, so was Lincoln. Andrew Jackson was the biggest jerk of all time.
Two presidents who were actually nice guys - George Bush Sr. and Jimmy Carter. Neither got a second term.
So I don't think it's a bad thing. This isn't a speech intended to convert. These are just my thoughts.
Jimmy--I fully agree. I guess my message should have echoed Darren's, complete with the "I Kid" inclusion. I pegged you for an Obama supporter. Or Kucinich (jokes).
Val...I don't recall any periods of non-tension. It wouldn't seem right. Sharpen your halberd, and watch yourself on the subway.
Interesting. That seemed pro Hillary to me which must be a mistake because you Best's seem so smart.
ReplyDeleteI kid.
Valerie and I thought she made some good points. We felt like putting it out there.
ReplyDeleteSam Donkin might vote for Hillary as well. If McCain takes Huckabee as his VP.
I was actually thinking this morning, along the whole "Hillary is a bitch" line, that we as an American People don't like nice people for President.
Reagan was not a nice person, neither was Bill Clinton, neither is our current president. FDR was a hardass and so was Washington, so was Lincoln. Andrew Jackson was the biggest jerk of all time.
Two presidents who were actually nice guys - George Bush Sr. and Jimmy Carter. Neither got a second term.
So I don't think it's a bad thing. This isn't a speech intended to convert. These are just my thoughts.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy smarmy comment can be had by simply chopping the "I kid" from Darren's comment and leaving the rest intact.
ReplyDeleteNo worries, Joseph. I don't expect us to agree on all things. I've never considered politics an issue for tension between friends.
ReplyDeleteNot that you have to answer it, but who did you think I was going vote for?
James may not consider politics an issue for tension between friends, Joe, but I do, and know for certian Tina Fey does too. Consider us tense.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteJimmy--I fully agree. I guess my message should have echoed Darren's, complete with the "I Kid" inclusion. I pegged you for an Obama supporter. Or Kucinich (jokes).
ReplyDeleteVal...I don't recall any periods of non-tension. It wouldn't seem right. Sharpen your halberd, and watch yourself on the subway.
Give me some credit Joe; I always watch myself on the subway.
ReplyDeleteBring it.