Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Very Merry UnBirthday to Me!


So this is the first time I've been published outside of my own college magazine and I'm excited. Slipstream, a small press magazine out of Niagara Falls, New York is going to print my poem, Wayne. This is a magazine well known to writers in New York and I'm very flattered they chose me. This is also the first time I've come to a page listing authors and my name was included among them. Forgive me if I post that link so you can also see it.

Slipstream New Releases

Also, this is how magazines get their funding to keep going and printing new writing and visual art. So if you're feeling frisky, order one. This helps them. And you can feel good about supporting contemporary art. I can't post the poem here because Blogger justifies everything and there's a visual flow to this poem that I don't want to lose.

I have two more magazines that I'm being published in this year. I'll keep everyone updated.

7 comments:

  1. Damn, Mayhem. Good job. I am supremely proud that a man I can list as my friend can also be listed as a poet in magazines of high caliber. Hallelujah for publication!!! This is very cool and I'm excited to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my most published friend. Aside from actually getting published, that fact should keep you glowing for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Guy Meyhem...yes, I do remember that memory, quite well in fact. Hmmmm, maybe that is why Scoty is the way he is. That explains it all....

    ReplyDelete
  4. how come all the good stuff happens to you?! congrats, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw gee. Thanks guys. I'm very excited about it. No pressure to buy it, of course. I mention it only because this is how these magazines stay afloat.

    As soon as I find out about the other magazines, I'll let you know. Rattle I believe you can buy in Barnes and Noble which will be very cool.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments. They make me less dead inside.