Blood brother James: I posted this a couple of years ago (or maybe it was the making peanut butter sketch?). Anyway, if I could play this clip in my head whenever I'm feeling blue or angsty, I could be a Buddhist monk. Ladymonk.
Oh my gosh!!!!! This is one of my most vivid memories of my Sesame Street childhood! I loved this little crayon video thing. There's something so...satisfying and completing about it.
Why is this video the one we all remember? When I think of Sesame Street, I think of making crayons. Love it. Really. A lot. Why am I craving wax? Maybe there's some association here that brings me back to my childhood.
I'm suspecting this is a post 1980 clip, because try as I might the bells aren't ringing. Is it Zen to come face-to-face with the fact that you're old? Ah well, my 8-year-old enjoyed watching it with me, and she hadn't seen it either.
I wonder if at lunch the orange crayon people talk smack to the pink crayon people. Are there elderly chroma gangs? is it possible to over cook a crayon and use it like a shiv?
brilliant. perfect timing.
ReplyDeleteBlood brother James: I posted this a couple of years ago (or maybe it was the making peanut butter sketch?). Anyway, if I could play this clip in my head whenever I'm feeling blue or angsty, I could be a Buddhist monk. Ladymonk.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!!!!! This is one of my most vivid memories of my Sesame Street childhood! I loved this little crayon video thing. There's something so...satisfying and completing about it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this goodness. I appreciate the pleasant memories on a Friday afternoon.
ReplyDeleteWhy is this video the one we all remember? When I think of Sesame Street, I think of making crayons. Love it. Really. A lot. Why am I craving wax? Maybe there's some association here that brings me back to my childhood.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great moment of zen.
ReplyDeleteI'm suspecting this is a post 1980 clip, because try as I might the bells aren't ringing. Is it Zen to come face-to-face with the fact that you're old? Ah well, my 8-year-old enjoyed watching it with me, and she hadn't seen it either.
ReplyDeleteSo this clip would be Pre-factory letdown I'm guessing. Tragic day for all tour aficionados, especially those that love Donuts.
ReplyDeleteso, Crayola is a mom and pop shop? who were all of these elderly crayon workers? Does social security mean nothing to these people?
ReplyDeleteWhere can I get one of those BIG wooden boxes of just orange crayons?
Where does the orange come from that the guy dumps in to the orange crayon batter? melted orange crayons?
I wonder if at lunch the orange crayon people talk smack to the pink crayon people. Are there elderly chroma gangs? is it possible to over cook a crayon and use it like a shiv?
ReplyDelete