Thursday, March 05, 2009

Best Worst Movies Ever

So Curtis Gwinn, an improv teacher at Upright Citizen's Brigade and star of the awesome Fat Guy Stuck in Internet, recently wrote something for Entertainment Weekly about Troll 2. And he's interviewed about it for a documentary about the cult phenomenon of that movie. It got me thinking about all the awesomely bad movies I've seen over the years.

Here's a few clips.

Bask in the most stunning realization ever caught on film.



Starcrash. Tyson Schenk showed us this masterpiece. My favorite parts of this clip are where he yells, "Power Failure!" and she has the slowest reaction ever to his line. And then she does a lame hand clap.



Maximum Overdrive. A magical Stephen King movie about a meteor's evil gasses that take over the machines of the world and cause them to kill the humans. This scene is the breaking point and stunning Oscar winning moment for the waitress.

7 comments:

  1. Maximum Overdrive!! JAMES!!! Greg Fox and I just had a Maximum Overdrive party to celebrate it's horrible horror! James!! Why weren't you here! We ate at a truckers' joint and drove around learning the words to ACDC's "Who Made Who" and then threw popcorn at the television whenever Emilio Estevez did something awesome. Why weren't you there? Aw, James. It was such a night of nights.

    Please watch the trailer with Stephen King pointing at the camera and saying, "I'm gonna scare the HELL out of you."

    Sigh.

    Also, don't forget Plan 9 From Outer Space. Worst awesome movie ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you mentioned this movie on your blog a mere week after we celebrated it. I want you to know how terribly I respect you for posting it on your blog and how sad I am that you and lovely wife weren't with us to appreciate M.O.

    Sorry for taking up all this blog space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's remove Maximum Overdrive from this list. Please?

    I respect any movie involving AC/DC, the Van Allen belts, death by lawnmower, and Lisa Simpson.

    No Death Race 2000?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starcrash... the acting (a term, which in this context I use loosely) boggles in the mind. Thanks for sharing these best worst movies ever.

    Another one to check out- "Six String Samurai"

    ReplyDelete
  5. hilarious. Will our children have such cinematographical gems? It's hard to imagine someone calling out "they're eating her, and then they're going to eat ME! O. M. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" with the same effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to second Death Race 2000.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments. They make me less dead inside.