So here's the deal. I've been online a lot lately but not really updating this blog. I've spending a lot of my time updating Jon's blog and doing stuff for the American Nobody show which he and I write together.If you haven't seen it yet, Val and I are doing a little segment on the American Nobody show called "The JV Debate Club." The idea of the show is that I defend the idiotic and indefensible in our society and Valerie is the voice of reason and good taste.
You can see the first two segments by clicking below. There's a small clip about Twilight and then last week's was about Mary Murphy, from So You Think You Can Dance.
American Nobody
News 1
On Tuesday, I start at 30 Rock and I'll be working as an office production assistant for Season 4. From there, who knows? But I'm pretty excited. It feels like things are starting to work out, you know? Like "that thing" I've always wanted is not beyond a horizon. I hadn't really told everyone yet because I was sort of waiting for it to be a sure thing. Well, it is. Unless I accidentally kill someone the first day. Fingers crossed!
News 2
I just received my copy of Sow's Ear Poetry Review and my poem, "Building Parachutes" is on page 19. They originally asked for three poems of mine and I already committed to have one published so I gave them two. I was very flattered they wanted that many and a little struck that I had two magazines vying for one piece.
News 3
I may or may not have a warrant out for me in Michigan regarding some jury duty I didn't show up for. Well, you're not getting me, Johnny Law! Canada, here I come!
Hey James! Jane (price) johnson from college. I stalk your blog. :) BUT i wanted to comment because i'm so excited for you that you are starting at 30 rock!! it's my husband's favorite show, and it's such a great one, you'll do well there! I love seeing friends succeed--Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats James that is exciting about the job! I hope everything works out well. Also, from your picture it looks like you are picking out the proper office attire for the new job. Just remember, low cut or above the knee doesn't always mean promotion.
ReplyDeleteNice James! You and Valerie are quite hilarious. I don't know if you take suggestions for the JV Debate Club, but I think since you have Vampires pretty much covered, the imminent zombie apocalypse should be next. Congratulations on the job, and good luck!
ReplyDeletenews 1: inevitable.
ReplyDeletenews 2: inevitable.
news 3: inevitable.
can you call something news when it was something everyone knew was going to happen?
well played on all counts.
I have often wondered what it would take to add some badassery to being a professional poet, an a warrant certainly helps. Now if I could just figure out what the "warrior poet" Mel Gibson is referring to at the end of Braveheart I will have all my poetical queries answered.
Bemoaning the fact that I still live in the dial-up world. Yes, those of us clinging to dinosaur technology still exist, though few. This means I'm going to have to pay my $25 in library fines to use their computers to watch these debates.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being uber cool and successful. Like we didn't know it was going to happen. :)