
So my good friend Aaron Allen has decided to embark upon this experiment with me. He's going to write a piece of short fiction for every day I write a poem. His work is at Short Folk or you can catch his latest piece by clicking on the link to the right. He's a friend from Brooklyn and he's in the Fiction MFA at Columbia and he's very talented.
More importantly, he makes a mean fajita.
This poem feels like something different. It's spawned from a Merwin poem. He writes about a storm and his poem is called "Song of a New Fool". I wanted to write about a storm and it seemed I was still on that Coney Island beach. So I kept it there. Sometime you write things and they feel so new, you don't what to do with them. This is one of those.
That first part I wrote four hours ago. I'm still editing this poem. Piecemeal. Whenever I have a break at work. I'll post it soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I like comments. They make me less dead inside.