Once again, I did not finish my 30 day project. This was by design.
I have way too much on my plate.
This is what I fear to be: Jack of all Trades, Master of None.
I actually have this phrase consistently stuck in my head. I find myself trying to do too much. Take on too many types of artistic endeavors.
Sometimes I get too involved with improv. And I think, "Yeah, this is what I want to do. Improv." But then I read a book of poetry and realize how much I miss it.
Then I'll act in something and think about that. Then I'll think about being a teacher only or I'll think about only writing plays or whatever. Sometimes I'm a goldfish.
I was going to list goals for the rest of this year. Things that I'm trying to accomplish but they sound so pretentious. So big.
I'll keep them to myself for now. Maybe I'll post them when I finish them.
Sometimes you just need some time.
Dude, if I had a nickel for every time I've had this exact conversation with myself...I'd have, like, a whole lot of nickels!
ReplyDeleteDear James,
ReplyDeleteGive up. Go back to Canada and stay there. Forever.
Sincerely,
Shon
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThere are many seasons in life, James. You will find a way to fill each appropriately and to magnify each of your myriad gifts.
ReplyDelete**And yes, I did just delete a comment because of a misspelled word. :P
Your problem is you're too good at too many things. So maybe you can be a jack of all trades and the master of them all.
ReplyDeleteOh wow... this post hit home to me! Sometimes you just need time. Thank you James... thank you!
ReplyDeleteI feel like I know how you feel. Peace & Love your way.
I've been reading over the ancient posts on my blog, and I found one on new years resolutions 2008. Wow...now that was some pretentious crap. I admire you for having the courage not to post them.
ReplyDeleteIn other news...this post represents my life in a nutshell...and it sucks.
ReplyDelete