Saturday, January 20, 2007

If I Had a Rock Band

So here's the deal. God knew if had any pipes I'd waste away in go nowhere rock band. That, of course, would lead to an eventual reality check, a horrible on-stage speech announcing my retirement from suck-rock, and end in me throwing myself off Niagara Falls sans barrel. But before that end I would have sung at least all of these songs. These are my top ten songs I'd sing if I had good vocal range and a kick ase rock band behind me.

1. My Doorbell - The White Stripes
2. Rocky Raccoon - The Beatles
3. My Coco - Stellastar*
4. Kissing the Lipless - The Shins
5. Life On Mars - David Bowie
6. Last Night - The Strokes
7. Heart - Doug Martsch
8. I Turn My Camera On - Spoon
9. Phenomena - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
10. Barnacles - Ugly Casanova

And a few guilty pleasures that I'd just have to do:

Pinball Wizard - The Who
You Really Got Me - The Kinks
Mr. Roboto - Styx

All these songs are for me to go crazy on stage. Because that's who I am deep inside. I'm denying my inner lead singer narcissist.

5 comments:

  1. I would give my first born to hear you attempt "Life On Mars" with your current vocal abilities (which, lets face it James, are pretty staggering)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am willing to start a fund to try this going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can someone explain Darren's last sentence to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea i guess that was kinda cryptic...i just want james to be able to sing those songs...the sentence made far more sense in my head

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting all teary. You guys think I should give up my lucrative career of poetry and go for rockstardom?

    Joe, I'm going to crash some anniversary of yours and sing "Life On Mars". Just wait.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments. They make me less dead inside.