
I've been writing a lot this month and I haven't been posting very much. But here's some stuff I've been listening to. As soon as Darren shows me how to post the link to download the songs I'll put them up there for people to grab if they want. Awesome idea, Mister D.
Songs I Loved in January
Separate Planes -- Volunteer Pioneer
Swing Your Heartache -- Young Galaxy
Australia -- The Shins
10:1 -- Rogue Wave
Diamond in the Dark -- Mystery Jets
Various Kitchen Utensils -- Skybox
Black Dirt -- Seawolf
Learning the Lie -- Hidden Cameras
Did I Step on Your Trumpet -- Danielson
Gotta Have You -- The Weepies
The King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1 -- Neutral Milk Hotel
Bad Education -- Tilly and the Wall
Walk in the Park -- Oh No! Oh My!
Long Distance Call -- Phoenix
Songs So Far in February
Spitting Venom -- Modest Mouse
Let's Call It Off -- Peter, Bjorn, and John
Walcott -- Vampire Weekend
Left at the Party -- The Affair
Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse -- Of Montreal
Wet and Rusting -- Menomena
+81 -- Deerhoof
I'll edit this so people can get these from me once I learn how. And I might add a song or two. I'm in the process of listening to a bunch of new bands. Truth be told most of these are from my two favorite blogs, Gorilla Vs Bear and You Ain't No Picasso which I have links to. Also check out Insound for downloading sweetness. I turn on their radio and listen at least twice a week.
And here's a picture of a pig. I read an interview with Jason Schwartzman and he said he was looking at cuteoverload.com. I don't care if it's cheesy. If you don't like baby animals, you don't have a soul. I recommend two categories -- "Farm Animals" and "Cute or Sad?"
You can use his name, James. Not just "a pig". Maurice.
ReplyDeleteI want a Maurice.
ReplyDeleteThat is also the name of the monster under Fred Savage's bed.
I want a Maurice.