Monday, January 28, 2008

Most Favoritest Songs of 2007

CRITERIA: Most of these came out in 2007 but not all. But these were all songs I discovered this year that blew my mindgrapes. Thanks to all the friends and blogs that kept me aurally fixated. I will make my return to Cochlea known with great gusto and welcome the sweet mixes.

Here's the list. This year I'll figure out how to link songs so people can download them.

A Postcard to Nina -- Jens Lekman
Maple Leaves -- Jens Lekman
The Opposite of Hallelujah --
Jens Lekman

No Cars Go -- The Arcade Fire
Keep the Car Running --
The Arcade Fire

A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left -- Andrew Bird
Scythian Empire --
Andrew Bird

23 -- Blonde Redhead

My Moon, My Man -- Feist

Murder in Michigan --
David Vandervelde

Queen of the Surface Streets --
DeVotchka

Walcott -- Vampire Weekend

Miss Idaho --
Ox

Pulling our Weight --
The Radio Dept.

Trades & Tariffs --
Dodo Bird
Horny Hippies --
Dodo Bird
Notes --
The Dodos (I think they're the same band)

Bounce That -- Girl Talk

Bird Brain --
The Fiery Furnaces

Up on Crutches --
The Sea and the Cake

Ghost on a Hill -- Tenlons Fort

I am John --
Loney, Dear

Fake Empire --
The National

Challengers --
The New Pornographers
Adventures in Solitude --
The New Pornographers

God Knows -- El Perro del Mar

This Thing About You --
Miracle Fortress

Heat of the Night --
Sean Madigan Hoen

Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse --
Of Montreal

Another Day --
Times New Viking

You're a Wolf --
Seawolf

Heart It Races -- Dr. Dog

And my two favorite albums and favorite songs from those albums:

In Rainbows - Radiohead

Listen to: Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Mastery of the Steel - Witch's Hat

Listen to: Huzzah



4 comments:

  1. good list. it's good to see overlap, but better to see songs i haven't heard. excitement.

    rawk.

    thanks for the poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, I'm glad you dug it. You should check out his other posters, we've got a Blonde Redhead and Modest Mouse.

    I'm currently making my way through your list. I'll report back. Now it seems one list is absent...Joseph?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I enjoy this list, what I'd really like to see is the year 2007 in review.
    So, you know, make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...Are you ignoring me? Where's the year in review I asked for?

    ReplyDelete

I like comments. They make me less dead inside.